E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Battery does not recharge

Customer Question
battery does not recharge
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/20/2015
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 3 years ago
info tech
info tech, Technician
HelloWelcomeMy name is Anthony
Is this an kindle you are referring to please? Anthony
If so how old is the kindle please?
yes it is a kindle,it is a year old,sorry I didn't reply earlier,I thought the answer would be normal email so I missed your reply,I have a hearing problem and cannot use the telephone that is why I prefer typing.
Douglas
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Please reboot the kindle by holding down the power switch for 40 seconds before releasing your finger, (use a watch to time)do this on the charger and off the charger you may need to do it 3 or 4 times the kindle will reboot and reload the operating system then try the kindle again.
Let me know if you have any issues, if you do not please rate the answer positively there will be a rating bar with this post of smileys or stars thanks again
Regards
Anthony
I made a mistake,the kindle is about two years old,I haven't used it for about a year,I have tried rebooting it about half a dozen times,I will continue trying as that does seem to be the only solution.Thanking you Douglas
If you still have problems please let me know what type of kindle it is
Please remember to rate the answer positively there will be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post thank you
Anthony
It is an Amazonkindle and it just says empty battery on the screen
Douglas did you try the rebooting method I showed you earlier above?
Have you tried moving the charger to a different charging point?
On the charger is there any indication light to say its charging?
Anthony