E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I reset my kindle to factory default but it will not let me…

Customer Question
I reset my kindle...
I reset my kindle to factory default but it will not let me register my kindle
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: E-Readers
6/8/2015
Electronics Technician: Dr. Fix-It, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician
Hi my name is Shaw aka Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you... Sorry having an issue with your Kindle, what was reason for the factory reset? & Does the Kindle show a WIFI wireless connection?
After doing the factory reset did you select your home WIFI network and enter the wireless password ***** get reconnected before enter your Amazon email and password?
Yes It says im connected but my password ***** saying error it does not match Amazon account
It was originally my moms tablet
Are u there
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi sorry had to step away for a bit, please make sure the Kindle is de-registered from your mom's account and you should be able to enter your Amazon email and password ***** re-register it. If need more help please tell me the exact model you have, thanks.
Every time I enter an email and password ***** says information does not match Amazon account
Please follow steps below to verify your email and reset your account password: Go to Forgot Your Password. Follow the on-screen instructions.You may be asked to copy the text from a picture in a text entry box (commonly known as a "CAPTCHA"). Make sure to enter the letters in all-caps.If you have a problem reading the "CAPTCHA," we'll give you a chance to try again with a different one. If you continue having an issue with the validation screen, contact us. Follow the instructions in the e-mail sent to the e-mail address on your account.
Sorry the link did not work properly above, please CLICK HERE to be routed to the reset password *****