E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

After charging my Kindle, the green charge light is staying…

Customer Question
After charging my Kindle, the...
After charging my Kindle, the green charge light is staying on and I can't get it out of sleep mode
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/7/2015
Electronics Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 2 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Even if it does not look like it is charging and even though it may be fully charged charge it using a different wall outlet than you normally do (a different room is best) for at least 10 minutes.
Do not skip that even if it is fully charged from you already plugging it in, it is important to do it, it is more for a reset than a charge.
It sounds like the firmware may be frozen try this and let me know the results hold the power switch for at least 60 seconds.
Try this at least 6 times.
The firmware can sometimes get frozen the same way that a computer will occasionally.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician