E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

How to go back to beginning of a book on Kindle

Customer Question
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: E-Readers
6/7/2015
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
Kindle has special function for content surfing (get from place to place). It is called "Go to..." and you can see it when pressed menu button in the list among other functions.
Then you will have options: cover, beginning, location, table of contents. So if you would like to get to the beginning of the book simply choose "beginning" or "cover" or use location where enter a location number "1".
If the Kindle is un-responsive, you may need to simply reboot it following the steps below.
To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 25 seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.
If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Not Clear - Too expensive
I'm sorry, but I will need to opt out- which simply opens the question for other Experts to assist. Please do not rate at this point, as it may hinder another from participating in this dialog. If you're not interested in any further assistance with this problem, you can self-refund by simply checking the HELP link below, or contacting Customer Service from the Home Page.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142