E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

There was a message on my Kindle that they were unable to

Customer Question
charge my credit card with...
there was a message on my Kindle that they were unable to charge my credit card with my last purchase. I have checked my details and bank account have not be changed. The problem must be at your end
Allan XXXXXXXX
Portland
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: E-Readers
6/2/2015
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Technician
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. The likely issue is that you have a card on file for your amazon account, but had been making purchases via the amazon website. If you didn't specifically associate a particular card with the kindle, or configure one to a one click setting for the kindle then you could face this issue. There are a few easy steps to fix this though.First, go here:http://amzn.to/1yfsOmDthere you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc) From there, go here:http://amzn.to/15Q6xUWOn this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases. After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there. Best regards,Nathan
Nathan, Technician