E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

My wi fi password ***** ***** short network I don't want

Customer Question
My wi fi password *****...
My wi fi password ***** ***** short for your network I don't want to change my old password.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/1/2015
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Technician
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Are you saying that you do know your current wifi password, but the kindle will not accept it?
Yes
Okay, that doesn't leave many options here, if you are positive you are on the kindle screen needing your wifi password ***** not something else (such as your amazon account password). The kindle does have some restrictions to work with the standard wpa2 type network security. That type of network is going ot require a password ***** 8 characters or more. You can change your network security type and password ***** match that, or you can disable all security on your router (not advised) and then you'd have no password ***** at all.Now if you think you might be using the wrong password, I can help you find the right one. Let me know how you'd like to proceed.Nathan
My password ***** 6 characters I'll have to think about changing my password, a nuisance.Regards Julie
If your home wifi network password ***** is only 6 characters, then you are using the older WEP type security, which is very unsecure, and easy to hack, and the kindle won't work on those networks because they are known for being insecure.I would highly recommend updating your security, for your own protection.As an example, you can change to the wpa2 security and use a password ***** is easy for you to remember, but that most other people (neighbors, typically) would not know, such as your full 10 digit home phone number, or your full SSN (either backwards or forwards).
If you would like help with setting up a new password, I'm happy to help configure your router for you remotely.
Nathan, Technician