E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

How do I get a pin or pass word kindle fire HDX

Customer Question
How do I get a...
How do I get a pin or pass word for my kindle fire HDX
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/28/2015
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 3 years ago
Jason Jones, Technician

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
What exactly is the Kindle asking for? A pin, wireless pin, etc?
In other words, what is on the screen?
Thank you,
Jason
a game, when i try to downlload the game it ask for a pin. don't know the pin.
I need my wireless pin all so.
Thank you for the update.
In that case, you will have to reset the Kindle and reconfigure it.
The wireless pin is different. What is the brand and model name of your wireless router?
After you enter the incorrect pin 5 times, it will ask you to reset the device. After you reset it, simply reconfigure it and you will be good to go.
If that doesn't work you there is a software fault that can be fixed by resetting the Kindle Fire. The reset will erase all on the Kindle. Once it comes back up, you can sign into your account and the books and what not will resync.
I have typed out the instructions for you below:
- Slide down the top menu (drag your finger from the top of the screen, down).
- Choose More
- Tap Device
- At the bottom, tap the option, "Reset to Factory Defaults".
- Choose Yes
- Now it will reboot.