Ok Charles, please follow the steps below.
1. On your computer, go to www.amazon.com
2. Click on "Your Account" on the top right.
3. Click on "Forgot Password"
4. Reset your password, and choose a new one.
5. Now you can login on the Kindle with the new password
If it doesn't work, you can call Amazon Support Team and they should be able to reset it for you. You can call them at 1-888-280-4364
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not rate unless you are not satisfied. A Poor/Bad(1 or 2 Star) Rating affects my profile and performance here. If you feel like rating "Bad Service/I expected more" or "Poor Service/Helped a little", please stop yourself from rating and continue the conversation. I want you to be a happy and satisfied customer.
If you feel I have helped, please click on any of the smiley faces/stars after the second one from left to accept and rate my answer.