E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

Why cant I download books on my kindle. I get a message that

Customer Question
Why can't I download books...
Why can't I download books on my kindle. I get a message that I need to enter a credit card which I have done at least a dozen times with NO RESULTS!!!
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: E-Readers
8/21/2012
Electronics Technician: Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician replied 5 years ago
Viet - E-reader Tech

Did you edit/enter your credit card for the Amazon account that the kindle is registered to, at the website http://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle?

Can you try:

If you have a leather (or any other) cover on the kindle, please remove it.

Please press/slide & hold the power switch on the kindle for about one minute, or until the screen flickers. Then wait a few minutes for the kindle to turn back on, and check.

If that does not work, please recharge the kindle for about 5 minutes, and while it is charging, press/slide & hold the power switch on the kindle for about one minute again, or until the screen flickers, and check.

Please let me know. Thank you,

I followed all your instructions and attempted to download a book to my kindle but got the same message---"you do not have a valid credit card specefied for your Amazon.com account" I even tried addind a different credit card --a Visa.

Sorry, at the website http://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle, can you click on Manage your devices, then de-register the kindle, then re-register it? Also, go to settings ->Wi-Fi option on the kindle, then turn off Wi-Fi, then turn it back on and check.

Please let me know. Thank you,

I did all of that and still get the same message about my credit card needing to be set up!!!

Sorry, it is strange. Can you make sure the kindle software is updated:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200529680

But it seems your Amazon account is corrupted; can you call Amazon to check:
1-866-321-8851, and/or chat at
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200212360
; click on Contact Us on the right.

Thank you,

I still can not download books to my kimble even though I did every thing that the expert said to do. I get you do not have a default credit cardspecified BUT I DO!!!

Optional Information:
Model: Kindle 3.2.1
What have you tried so far?: Everything the expert suggested.

Sorry, your Amazon account is corrupted; did you call Amazon to check:
1-866-321-8851, and/or chat at
; click on Contact Us on the right.

Thank you,
Dan T.
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician