E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

We purchased a preowned kindle fire. I deregistered previous

Customer Question
We purchased a preowned kindle...
We purchased a preowned kindle fire. I deregistered previous owner and regisstered it in my name. Already have kindle and android accounts with Amazon. The kindle fire connects to Amazon perfectly, syncs perfectly but when try to go to the web are told Parental Controls are on. Previous owner says he did not use parental controls and we do not use parental controls.

Must I return kindle fire to factory default and lose my info to "change" non exsistant parental controls password? Help!!!

Patricia B
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: E-Readers
5/13/2012
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 5 years ago
Josh, Technician
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. Do not forget to rate my answer quality and press Submit before you go. Let's get started!

If the previous owner cannot remember or states there is no Parental Controls on then I would suggest to factory restore the Kindle. All of your books will be back once you register it again after the restore.

1. Tap the Quick Settings icon, then tap More.
  2. Tap Device.
  3. Tap Reset to Factory Defaults.
Josh, Technician

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Thanks for your help. Would certainly turn to you again, if more help needed
Josh, Technician