E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

Kindle Fire will not accept my home wireless network passw

Customer Question
ord....
Kindle Fire will not accept my home wireless network passw ord.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/6/2012
Electronics Technician: Andy, Ereader Expert replied 5 years ago
Andy, Ereader Expert

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

If you are sure that you are entering the correct wifi password, then please do this :

If you are using a leather (or any other) cover on your Kindle, remove it now.
Connect the Kindle in to the charger for about 5 minutes. Then, keeping the Kindle plugged in to the charger, slide (or push) and hold the switch for up to one minute or until you see the Kindle screen flicker, whichever is sooner.
Then, wait for about 3 minutes so that the Kindle can reboot.

If problem persists, then its a hardware failure and the unit needs to be repaired / replaced by Amazon.

You will have to give a call to following phone number for repairs.
  • In the United States: 1-866-321-8851
  • Outside the United States: 1-206-266-0927

Thanks!
Electronics Technician: Dr. Fix-It, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician

Note the password XXXXX connect to your WIFI is the wireless web key / password not the login in password XXXXX the kindle or Amazon...

Hi I would first confirm the wireless password, please go to your windows laptop and follow steps below to verify the current active password XXXXX your home wifi connection, also make sure your Kindle Fire is fully charged (the power button will glow green when plugged in).

**

Here is how to find your password XXXXX a windows vista or windows 7 computer currently on your home wireless network - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XaEuBIWwYQ

Go to bottom right of your screen and First RIGHT click and then LEFT click on the wireless signal bars to see your wireless connections. RIGHT click on the Connected Network name listed and then LEFT click on Properties. Will then see the network connection information and the option to show the password XXXXX LEFT click the box and write down the wireless password XXXXX Then uncheck the box and close the window.

*

Remember need to tap on the top right gear symbol and then tap WIFI and turn on so can scan for available networks, if the Kindle Fire is showing your network the hardware is working properly.

A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as
your Kindle detects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear, tap the
box next to Wireless Networking off and on to refresh the list.

1. Tap the name of the network you wish to connect to from the
list of available networks.
Tip:
When viewing Kindle Fire in landscape view, you may need to scroll through the list of available networks, using your finger to swipe through the list.

2. If a lock symbol appears next to your network, it requires a
password. Enter the characters of the password XXXXX the on screen keyboard.

3. Tap Connect.

Tip: Tap the 123!? key to enter numbers or symbols. Tap the ABC key to return to the regular keyboard. Tap the Shift key (up arrow) for uppercase letters. Once you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, Kindle Fire automatically connects to it again whenever that network is in range. If more than one previously used network is in range, your Kindle Fire automatically connects to the network that was most recently used.

Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician
No bonus from me. Share w/Dan. can you cancel 30 free trial for answers, please? That is not what I want. Thanks again

Hi were you able to get connected online with your new Kindle Fire?

For inquiries regarding you account, please contact JA customer services from your account tab and there should be a check box on your account page also to enable / disable your subscription option as well.

Thanks and happy reading aye.

Yes, I was able to connect my new Kindle Fire. Your instructions were clearly what was needed. I never even knew about that number/SSID. I had 2 totally different supposed passwords, but I have no clue where they are to be used!

Thank you again for your help. Be sure to get a portion of the fee from Andy. Actually, you s/get it all. Have a great day.

Hey that great that go it connected and can now enjoying your Kindle ereader :)

The expert gets paid a portion of your deposit only when you click the accept for that expert, so since clicked accept on my response I was credited for assisting you only.

Well appreciate the feedback and all the best aye.

Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician