E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I can't register my kindle. it keeps taking me through the…

I can't register my kindle...
I can't register my kindle. it keeps taking me through the registration procedure over and over. Very frustrating.
3/12/2012
Nathan, Technician
p0llinate :

Hello, I’d like to help you with your problem. When you are satisfied with my answers, please remember to click on accept.

p0llinate :

Are you sure you're connected to wifi (you should see antenna bars at top of screen)

p0llinate :

If so, and it's still not accepting the registration, lets try to reboot the kindle: slide and hold the power switch (press and hold for kindle fire) for a full 20 seconds, then release. The kindle will reboot, and you can try again.

p0llinate :

If it still doesn't work at that point, you can register the kindle online via your amazon account on the computer.

p0llinate :

To do so, click here: Manage Your Kindle

p0llinate :

Sign in to your account if prompted, then on the left side of the page, click on the Register a Kindle link.l

p0llinate :

It will ask you to name the kindle (any device nickname you choose) and then you'll need to enter the serial number of the kindle.

p0llinate :

You can find the serial number on the box the kindle came in, as well as from the kindle menu. Go to settings, then Device Info, and you'll see the serial number listed.

p0llinate :

Once you register it online, after connecting kindle to wifi, go to settings then Sync and it will complete the registration on it's own.

Customer:

wireless network has lock pictured next to it. how do I change that?

Nathan, Technician
The lock icon indicates that the wifi network you are trying to access is secured, meaning you need a password (security key) to access it.