E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

MY kindle fire will not register. Keep getting a message unable

Customer Question
MY kindle fire will not...
MY kindle fire will not register. Keep getting a message unable to connect to the registation server.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: E-Readers
Expert: Rod, Engineer replied 5 years ago
Rod, Engineer

Did you purchase this yourself directly from Amazon, or was it a gift for you?

Thanks,
I bought it at best buy store.

Do you have an Amazon account?

Thanks,
Yes

Go to Amazon.com and login to your account. See if the Kindle Fire is registered under your account (also, sometimes it is easier to register it there) by entering the serial number under My Kindle, Register a Kindle.

You are showing a network connection Okay? You can use the browser (Web Tab) and access the Web?

Thanks,
I can not use the brouwser or access the web. I have an x showing by my wi fi symbol on my kindle. I have tryed to register through amazon but did not use my serial number on my kindle.

You are not connecting to the internet then with the Fire - do you have a wireless router in your home (WiFi)? If so, do you know the password XXXXX the wireless router?

Thanks,
I have a mobile Mi Fi from verizon. Password XXXXX

When you go to the wireless network settings on the Fire, does your MiFi show up and do you enter the password XXXXX then still get the X?

Do you have more than five devices currently connected?

Do you have good 3G or 4G coverage displayed by your phone?

Thanks,
when I go to wireless networking it says it is connected. It is a solid purple color on the mifi device.

Are you entering the password XXXXX the MiFi? If not, it will connect, but not authorize the device to go to the internet.

Do a manual configuration and enter the password XXXXX the Fire into the network settings.

Thanks,
how do i get to network settings all i have is wirless network.

Select WiFi and then Add a Network - enter you MiFi name and the password.

Thanks,
the x is still on there.

I am not certain what the problem is - it might be a compatibility problem with the Fire and your MiFi adapter.

I will opt out and perhaps another expert can assist. Also, I will request this be sent to Cell Phone category - as those experts may be able to help better with the MiFi adapter.

Thanks,
Expert: Engineer John C., E-Readers Expert replied 5 years ago
Engineer John C., E-Readers Expert
Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

Do you have a computer with Windows 7 or Mac OS that can actually connect to your wireless internet? This would help to confirm your wireless network password.

If you have Windows 7, please follow the steps below:

Please follow the steps below from your computer with Windows 7 connected to internet via wireless and you will see the network key:

1- Click Start

2- Click Control Panel

3- NOW, make sure you select "View by: LARGE ICONS" on the upper right corner.

4- Click "Network and Sharing Center"

5- Click "Manage Wireless Networks" on the left

6- Double click your wireless network name

7- Click the "Security" tab

8- Click "Show characters"

9- Now find your password next to "Network security key". Write this password down.

Then, to connect to Wi-Fi follow these simple steps:

1. Tap the Quick Settings icon
    View Full Image
    in the top right hand corner of the Home screen.

2. Select Wi-Fi.

3. Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
View Full Image

A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle detects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the box next to Wireless Networking off and on to refresh the list.

1. Tap the name of the network you wish to connect to from the list of available networks.

Tip:
    When viewing Kindle Fire in landscape view, you may need to scroll through the list of available networks, using your finger to swipe through the list.

2. If a lock symbol appears next to your network, it requires a password. Enter the characters of the password using the onscreen keyboard. (Here, please enter the password we just got from your computer)

3. Tap Connect.

Tip: Tap the 123!? key to enter numbers or symbols. Tap the ABC key to return to the regular keyboard. Tap the Shift key (up arrow) for uppercase letters.

Once you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, Kindle Fire automatically connects to it again whenever that network is in range. If more than one previously used network is in range, your Kindle Fire automatically connects to the network that was most recently used.

Thank you

John C.
Engineer John C., E-Readers Expert

• Get a Professional AnswerVia email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.