E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

how do i register my kindle fire

Customer Question
how do i register my kindle fire
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: E-Readers
11/29/2011
Electronics Technician: Steve G., Engineer replied 6 years ago
Steve G., Engineer

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer. I'm sorry to hear about your Kindle. I will try and answer your question precisely and accurately.

Here is the quick version.

Connect your Kindle to your WiFi in your home.

Then, on your PC, create an account on Amazon.com

Register the Kindle to your new account via either the newly connected Kindle or the PC.

So. Where do you need help?

Let's start at the beginning. Do you have WiFi in your home?

I can't seem to connect to wifi

Do you know your WiFi password? This is also known as an encryption key.

Is the Kindle asking you for this?

it is asking anonymous identity

I don't know what that means.

Is the Kindle seeing your WiFi network (the SSID)?

no

Ok.

Watch this video. Tell me how far you get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0V27FBcXhY

network ssid

Ok. So do you or do you not, have a wireless router in your home?

Do you have WIFI?

verizon says I have wifi through my internet and cable router

Ok. On the cable router should be the SSID and the password. Usually on a paper label...

edyg6

(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

BINGO.

Now go back to that video and you are looking for an SSID called edyg6.

Click on that and then when prompted, put in the 10 digit key.

Steve G., Engineer