E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

My kobo went to a totally blank screen and I cant get anything

Customer Question
My kobo went to a...
My kobo went to a totally blank screen and I can't get anything on it! WHAT to do?
Gail
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: E-Readers
4/24/2011
Electronics Technician: AnswerManRob, Top Technician replied 6 years ago
AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob, Top Technician

AnswerManRob :

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

Customer:

KOBO ereader

AnswerManRob :

Have you tried resetting it?

Customer:

how do I reset it? Is that with a pin in the back? If so, NO I haven't

AnswerManRob :

Yes

AnswerManRob :

That's correct

Customer:

should I try that? Do I just put a straight pin in the back?

AnswerManRob :

You can also perform a reset by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds. That's not as thorough, but may work.

AnswerManRob :

An unfolded paper clip or the tip of an earring may work a little better than a pin

AnswerManRob :

Any luck with the power button Gail? If not, try the other reset

AnswerManRob :

However, you do need something sturdy

Customer:

I just tried pushing the OFF button but nothing.... I did the paper clip too still nothing

AnswerManRob :

It needs to be pressed pretty firmly...here's how the user guide terms it

AnswerManRob :

you can also reset your ereader by unfolding a paperclip and sliding it into the hole on the back of your ereader. Press until you feel a firm click.

Customer:

when I push it, the power light comes on, red then blue and then it goes off

AnswerManRob :

Plug it into the charger for three minutes, then while plugged in, try it.

AnswerManRob :

How long have you owned the Kobo?

Customer:

I think about a year

AnswerManRob :

It does have a one year warranty if it has actually failed

Customer:

trouble is,I am Grenada and not Toronto

AnswerManRob :

Oh...that's not good. The only number I have for them is an 866 toll free number

AnswerManRob :

Let me see if I can find an alternate

Customer:

Stll nothing after plugging it thank you

Customer:

what happens to all my books if this is broken?

AnswerManRob :

Very strange. No number other than that one. CLICK HERE it contains a contact page for the company. I believe you can download them into the new Kobo, but ask them to be sure.

AnswerManRob :

I hope the rest of your day improves. Stay safe and thank you for using JustAnswer.

I was not satisfied. What I was told to do didn't work and there was no info as to who to call and what to do with my KOBO now?

I provided a link.

CLICK HERE
AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob, Top Technician
AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob, Top Technician