E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

How do i unfreeze my Kindle

Customer Question
How do i unfreeze my Kindle
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/19/2010
Electronics Technician: MD.SADIQUE, Engineer replied 7 years ago
MD.SADIQUE
MD.SADIQUE, Engineer

khanjeevan :

hi

khanjeevan :

Welcome to justanswer.

khanjeevan :

What is the model number of your kindle?

JACUSTOMER-ypafpiwb- :

I don't know - how do I find it?

khanjeevan :

It will be at the back......for eg-:D0071

JACUSTOMER-ypafpiwb- :

D00901

khanjeevan :

ok thanks

khanjeevan :

Lets try resetting the unit again.............

follow the steps below-

Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected.
Slide the power switch to the on position and hold it there for 30 seconds.

then release the switch.

After about 5 to 10 seconds the Kindle will flash on and off several times.
. The Amazon logo will appear along with a progress bar showing the Kindle is restarting

Tell me how it goes!

JACUSTOMER-ypafpiwb- :

I held it for 30 seconds and waited but nothing has happened.

khanjeevan :

Hmmm.....What is the age of your unit

khanjeevan :

Is the screen dark or has frozen on something.......

JACUSTOMER-ypafpiwb- :

I received it on 9/7/10

khanjeevan :

JACUSTOMER-ypafpiwb- :

It froze on the beginning of the chapter in the book I was reading. The screen flashed low battery and I had plugged it in and it froze in that place.

khanjeevan :

ok...give me a minute!

khanjeevan :

As resetting didn't help ...........

The most common and likely cause for this type of issue -:

1) battery has gone bad
2) Display has gone bad and needs to be replaced

you have to send it to Amazon because amazon directly supports and services the Kindle. You'll need to call them, and obtain an RA# XXXXX to sending it. In some cases, Amazon will not repair the Kindle and instead will offer a refurbished one at a lesser cost. Here is the link for Kindle Service and Warranty information along with their phone number.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_kland_faq_warserv?nodeId=200144510&/lwarranty

You don't need to worry because your unit has warranty and amazon will repair it for free.

Please click Accept if you feel my answer is helpful

JACUSTOMER-ypafpiwb- :

Thank you.

MD.SADIQUE
MD.SADIQUE, Engineer
MD.SADIQUE
MD.SADIQUE
MD.SADIQUE, Engineer