E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

How do I adjust the brightness on my Kindle screen?

Customer Question
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/19/2010
Electronics Technician: Andy Mont, Engineer replied 7 years ago
Andy Mont
Andy Mont, Engineer
Hello, welcome to just answer!

What model of Kindle do you have?
Where do I find the model info?
graphic

which one is it of the three?
when did you buy it?
can you see a key called Fn?
Looks like the middle one. Purchased a few months ago. Don't see fn key
Ok, you have a Kindle 2.

Unfortunately you cannot adjust the brightness. It displays just like a book would, so it does not to harm your eyes for reading much.

You can get a light if you want to read in the dark with the Kindle:
eLuminator2 or Mighty Bright XtraFlex2

Please click the accept button if this answers your question, if not get back to me with a question.
It seems that the brightness was OK at first, now it is not. Could it be defective? Seems like telling someone to purchase a light is not a very good suggestion. Certainly not what you advertise.
ok, in this case the problem is different. If the brightness has changed, then your display unit might be defective.
As you bought it just a few months ago, I would suggest you to contact the Amazon customer care directly to ask the best way to tackle this problem regarding a possible replacement of your Kindle.
You can do this from the Kindle support page.

Anyway, about your concerns about my answer, I told you how in your Kindle it is not possible to change the display's brightness (only thing, you might want to change the text size with the Aa button)
Andy Mont
Andy Mont, Engineer
Andy Mont
Andy Mont
Andy Mont, Engineer