Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

Can creatine supplement appear on a drug test? Creatine

Customer Question

Second opinion] Can creatine supplement appear on a drug test?
JA: The Homeopath can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. Have you experienced any recent physical or emotional illnesses? What medicines (prescription, homeopathic or over-the-counter) have you taken recently?
Customer: Creatine supplement
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No thats all
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Drug Testing
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Can u answer my question
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 18 days ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I just came online to see you have been waiting for some time so ill quickly answer your question for you. Actually the creatinine which is produced by the body IS detected by the urine drug test and this is used to determine if the urine drug sample has been diluted or not. This is the creatinine which is produced by the normal daily breakdown of the muscles.

However the creatinine supplements which you use on a daily basis would NOT be detected in the urine drug test, this has been studied in various studies done over the last ten years and all the studies showed that the creatine supplements are NOT detected in the urine drug test. As long as you use the creatine supplements in the recommended daily dose then you would NOT have the creatine detected in the urine drug test.

Also if you get a phone call request, it is an AUTOMATED site response and I did NOT send it. We can continue here just fine.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/