Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 40 year old female 5’3 128 I drank 4 drinks last

Customer Question
I am a 40...

I am a 40 year old female 5’3 128 I drank 4 drinks last night and I, supposed to take a drug screen today. I’m not going to go take one, because I am assuming it’ll be positive but my PO will likely make me take one tomorrow, or the day after. I am very worried I will fail. Any advice?

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Urine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have hypothyroidism

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Drug Testing
3/26/2018
Drug Testing Expert: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now. I will respond to your question or request additional information shortly. Thank you for your patience.

If they are doing urine testing, then most likely they are going to look for ethyl glucuronide (a metabolite of alcohol) in the urine, which confirms alcohol ingestion 3-4 days prior, or about 80 to 90 hours after the liver metabolizes alcohol. Therefore, to be on safe side, if you can manage wait for 80 hours, most likely it won't be detected.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

I was reading that I could drink a gallon of water, take creatinine, and B vitamins (creatinine and B vitamins to avoid a dilute sample) theoretically, could that work? Also, If I took one today and it was positive, is it clear how much alcohol I consumed? Or could I say I took communion with wine etc.?

Drinking more water and taking vitamins have not been scientifically proven to flush out alcohol from your system. There are so many variability. The reliable marker is time since alcohol consumption and it's upto 80 hours, it's possible to test negative after 2 days, but to be safe wait for 3 days. Also, there is no reliable way to tell how much alcohol was consumed after being tested positive in urine test.

Take care,