Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

Can methocarbamol affect results of drug screen in urine…

Customer Question
Can methocarbamol affect...

Can methocarbamol affect results of drug screen in urine test

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Urine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Drug user for several years, have not used any illegal drugs for 26 days

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Drug Testing
1/3/2018
Drug Testing Expert: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

The methocarbamol is not in a class of medicines that is checked on urine drug tests. Plus, there is no evidence that methocarbamol will cause a false positive on a urine drug test for any other drug classes.

Of course, the screening drug tests can have false positives, even in people that are not taking any medicines, so the screening drug test can be false positive in someone taking methocarbamol. But this is because of the test, not because of the methocarbamol.

If you had a positive urine screening drug test and you know that you have not used drugs recently, then you can be confidant that the confirmatory drug test will be negative.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Is there any further information that would be helpful?