Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

Drug Testing

I am in a trial process, where the other part has requested…

Customer Question
Hi, i am in a...
Hi, i am in a trial process, where the other part has requested a drug and alcohol hair testing. The results of the drug was negative, as i do not consume drugs, but i do take from time to time some alcohol. Nothing serious but only 2 days a month during the week end, where i get drunk with my friends and sometimes a beer after work. I am a little bit scared about potential results but i have been told that i should drink every day quite heavily in order to have a positive results, anyway i am still scared, can you help pls? Can you let me know what kind of consumption i would need to have to have a positive result on this test pls? Thanks
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Drug Testing
Btw i also use minoxidil at 5% twice a day (aprox 4ml in total) for my hair loss. I heard that the base of this treatment is with alcohol. Thanks
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/18/2017
Drug Testing Expert: Dr. K., MD replied 2 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. If this is a peth test, its a 3 week look back and will detect chronic daily drinking or binge drinking. You're likely to have a level associated with binge drinking
It is a hair test. Consumption is not daily. Sometimes i drink a couple of paints, besides the WEs consumption, but my concern is some of the skin products i use with alcoholic base, like deodorant or minoxidil at 5%, which they are absorbed by the blood and ends in my hair. I use this products on daily bases
Btw, what do you mean about peth test?
btw, by binge drinking you mean, occasional consumption?
No binge drinking is getting drunk
Then, That is what i understood. My concern then is how this can be understood by a judge in a children custody trial. I thought you could collect occasional consumption by this kind of tests...
Normally these test would give positive or negative, so i am wondering what would be the result. Thanks
Positive or negative For abusive consumption i mean..
Postive. But it is a range so is likely to indicate daily abuse or binge
Ok thx, then i will have to wait.
You're welcome. Please consider a positive rating
Dr. K.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD