Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

Drug Testing

My gf Is in drug court, 2 days ago they make a drug test to…

Customer Question
Hi my gf Is in...
Hi my gf Is in drug court, 2 days ago they make a drug test to her, the first results was negative but still they sent it to another laboratory to make a deeper analysis and.the results were nanograms of meth, amphetamine and hidrócodone, the last time she used them were ; meth 3 months and half ago, amphetamine 5 months ago and hidrócodone 1 year ago, she drinks many energy drinks like 5 hours energy, also she is taking the next prescription drugs ; buspirone 10 MG, 3 times per day, gabapentin 600 MG 3 times per day bupropion 150 MG 1 time per day, amitriptyline 25 mg 1 time per day and 2 weeks ago she finished zoloft 10 MG 1 time per day, why the results were positive in the second analysis, we need this report to show the judge and show her she didn't use those drugs recently.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Drug Testing
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/14/2017
Drug Testing Expert: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

Do you know exactly what type of drug test was done?

Do you have the actual report that you can attach for me to review?

I have not heard back about my request for information, so I will try to address the most common scenario.

The next step in this situation would be dependent upon what type of test was done. For example, if she had a GC/MS urine test, then none of the medicines that you list would cause a false positive result. The only possible cause of a false result on a urine GC/MS test would be a lab error, such as confusing samples from two different people, which is why most labs implement redundant processes to ensure that this does not happen. If she is certain that she has not taken these drugs, then there should be concern that someone has given her meth and hydrocodone without her knowledge.

Was a 12 panel
Was urine test

But what type of 12-panel urine test was done?

Was it a GC/MS 12-panel urine test?

it was
There is not chance that still is her system since the last time? or because the strong energy drinks she drinks often?

As I said above, since this was a GC/MS urine test, the other medicines that you have listed would not cause a false result. Nor would the energy drinks cause a false result. The possibilities that I mentioned above would be the only explanations for a positive result when someone has not knowingly taken these drugs.

There is no chance that the drugs would still be in her urine from 3-12 months ago.

At this point, she can offer to get additional testing. A repeat urine test would assess the last few days. She also can offer to get a hair drug test, which can assess the last 3 months. She also can request that the hair drug test perform a segmental analysis, so that it will look at one month, two months, and three months ago.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor