Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

My son has been found positive for Ostarine SARMS. Only

Customer Question
thing he has taking is...
My son has been found positive for Ostarine SARMS. Only thing he has taking is Relpax for migraines. He took it three days before the test. How long could it possible cause a false positive?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Drug Testing
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
12/13/2017
Drug Testing Expert: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love. I am sorry that no expert has yet responded, but it is likely because there is no good answer to your question.

There is no clinical evidence that Relpax will cause a false positive for Ostarine. That does not mean that it does not do so, only that there is no evidence that it does. Since there is no clinical evidence that Relpax will cause a false positive for Ostarine, there certainly is no evidence of how long it may do so.

In reality, it would generally be better to take a different approach. In drug testing, there are many false positives that we do not understand why they occur. Instead of trying to find a cause for a false positive, the better approach would be to request a more accurate test, such as a GC/MS test. These more accurate tests are the mechanism by which a false positive is typically identified.

Thanks for your help. It's an NCAA test so I am sure they did. We are at a complete loss.

If it was for the NCAA, then they typically would have done the more accurate test. And if they did the more accurate test, then it certainly could not be a false positive from Relpax (or any other drug). The only real source of an error on the more accurate test would be from lab error, such as confusing specimens from two different people, and these labs typically implement redundant processes to assure that this does not happen. If the positive test was the more accurate test and he has never knowingly taken this drug, then that could indicate that he was given the drug without his knowledge.

That is what we are thinking ourselves. He has never been one to take supplements and he shows no signs of doping. As a mom I have to believe him and support an appeal. I am asking to match his DNA to test and also if a hair sample would support that it may have been a one time thing that someone gave him unknowingly. I am desperate.

Yes, a hair drug test would be a better reflection of long term use and will usually not detect a single use of a drug.

I have requested to have that done and am waiting to see where to go. Thank you for your time. Do you recommend an attorney through this appeal? I asked the Drug free association this question but have not received a reply.

Yes, having an attorney would seem to be a good idea to be certain that you and your son fully understand the intricacies of the appeals process. When things follow a straightforward path during the appeals process, it may not seem that an attorney provides that much assistance, but if things start to deviate from a straightforward course, having an attorney that is already familiar with the case would be more important.

Follow up question.... I just received this info:
Testing agency provided some more information pertaining to the positive test.The estimated concentration of ostarine in sample S010062842 (J1Y20) is 0.02ng/mL.Is this a trace amount?

Yes, this is a trace amount.