Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

My understanding of hair follicle test is not, well, it's…

Customer Question
My understanding of hair...

My understanding of hair follicle test is not, well, it's just not. I know that in adults (assuming a history but now clean) that if they are testing six months you should cut your hair. Not off. But to the approximate, requisite length so that old data from long hair isn't an issue. (I think I said that right) But I don't know how a 14 month old tests positive (he was born addicted so there's that) and his hair has never been cut. but his hair certainly doesn't grow any 1/2 inch per month.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

They tested my son's hair my grandson's hair and his mother's hair. My son and my grandson tested for meth.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The parents did meth together the Friday of memorial weekend. then she freaked out and had him arrested. That was the last time he did drugs. He did a rehab at the Brook which his employer provided. He passed the return to work test. (mmore)

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Drug Testing
After he returned to work, and as a result of the stress of the custody case, he asked to return to the Brook for emotional support so that he would not reoffend, and the employer granted...but when he completed and returned to work the test was positive for heroin (he swore he never did) and they sent off for further testing and the further testing exonerated him and he was able to return to work. Then he goes to court for routine motion hour and is surprised by the judge ordering a hair follicle test. Son's hair is about 2 feet long. but baby's is maybe two inches.
he failed, and so did the baby. Did I tell you the baby, now 14 months, was born addicted?
The mother takes suboxone. So I can't understand how her tests are coming back clean. I would expect them to come back positive for that at least.
I feel like I'm babbling. I'm trying to understand how he and the baby test for meth and she doesn't. he's been continuously tested (UA weekly) since June. I sent a picture of the baby so you can get an idea of his hair length. I feel like if the baby got contaminated by spending time in the house where she used to get high in He would have overdosed because he's only 27 pounds. Also - I just assume that my son did meth that memorial Friday (he has always denied it) for basis of calculating a "clean specimen" and he still failed.
Answered in 1 day by:
12/11/2017
Drug Testing Expert: Dr. Huynh, Board Certified Physician replied 4 months ago
Dr. Huynh
Dr. Huynh, Board Certified Physician

Good morning, I'm Dr. Huynh, a board certified physician. I've read your responses which helps to understand the history of events. Can you please ask the question you'd like regarding this history?

Thank you for the photo as well!

Family Physician, Board Certified MRO