Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

Last week i took and passed a ggt, etg and an ets test and…

Customer Question
Last week i took...

Last week i took and passed a ggt, etg and an ets test and paaed all of them. I do drink a glass of wine or two 3-5 days per week most weeks though in the last 22 days there are 13 days that i had no drinks. My ex goes out of her way to constantly portray me as a drunk ib an attempt to interupt my visitation. Given the negative results im assuming she is going to reach deeper and have a peth test done. I cant figure out if the peth would indicate im a heavy drinker rather than reflecting light/moderate? Im not reqired to abstain from drinking so simply reflecting alcohol consumption is not an issue in my case. .

Doctor's Assistant: Is there an upcoming drug test scheduled? What kind of samples are being tested?

I just wrote and sent my question

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Drug Testing
12/9/2017
Drug Testing Expert: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I just came online to see that you have been waiting for some time so ill quickly answer this question for you. Actually, a PEth test is designed to determine if you are a binge drinker or not, it does NOT pick up on occasional alcohol use like the wine that you drink. It would come back as positive only if you have had a binge session in the last three weeks. This means drinking more than 10-12 beers in a single sitting, drinking more 6-7 drinks of hard liquor like whiskey, vodka, tequila etc on a single sitting.

It would NOT pick up on a glass of wine every other day as that amount of alcohol would not register on the test itself. So even if she gets a PEth test done then it is going to come back as negative.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/