Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

I tried cocaine about 4 month ago will it still be in my…

Customer Question
I tried cocaine about...

I tried cocaine about 4 month ago will it still be in my hair..i don't use it all the time I'll go month with out using it

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Yes I got a drug test on Jan 22 and the only thing they told me it was a hair follicle test

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Drug Testing
12/7/2017
Drug Testing Expert: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your situations. Can i ask when did you last use cocaine, the date?

4 month ago.

Thanks for the additional information, let me just write down an answer for you and ill get back to you in a few mins. If you get a phone call request, that is an automated site response. I DID NOT send it. Thanks!

Actually if you last used cocaine 4 months ago and did not use it in between then the hair follicle test is going to come back as negative. The cocaine can be detected for upto 3 months at the most after the last use. So in your case when the test is going to be done on the 22nd of Jan 2018, then it is going to be NEGATIVE for cocaine as long as you DONT use cocaine again.

Cocaine CANNOT be detected in the scalp hair for beyond 90 days after last use.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/