Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

False positive urine

Customer Question
.false positive urine...

.false positive urine

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Drug Testing
I had a false positive urine test for alcohol. But this is very important and urgent for me to get an answer. Must have an answer why this happened by 4 Tuesday I am added drug I am seriously concerned may have caused this Myrbetriq a blather control for inconvenience. Please get be an answer for this false positive for alcohol in urine test
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/5/2017
Drug Testing Expert: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

The urine alcohol test isn't a very good test for alcohol because it is overly sensitive. Such things such as hand sanitizers even contain enough alcohol that our bodies can absorb and turn this test positive.

Of course anything that has alcohol such as fermented foods and mouthwash and even some deodorants would fall into the same category. We rarely use it as a way to screen for alcohol because it is incredibly inaccurate. We do the blood test instead if we want to rule out alcohol use.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Please click the rating button when you're ready.

-Dr. Mo

You did not answer my question my question was about the medication I take and the test they gave me Msyrbetriq . I want to know it's compounds and how they react in the air concerning ethly Glucoronide
We are having a one-way conversation here as I cannot see my response to you. Very sneaky and underhanded. I told you not to charge my account and you did because I was unsatisfied with your answers. And now you've blocked mine very underhanded business practices
Sorry I now can see my responses. I have a case open with the manufacturers this drop as you can see I am being diligent. I will send you the case number ***** you are truly a doctor you can get the information I need they need a doctor's request. I'll get back to you when I have the case number

Sorry if the service is coming across as underhanded and sneaky. That's now our attention. I will opt out and let another expert with perhaps more experience handle this question for you.

Drug Testing Expert: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

The other expert has opted out.

There is no evidence that Myrbetriq will cause a false positive test for EtG.

If this was a screening test, there are some false positives that can occur because of the technology of the test, so there is no specific explanation. When there is a positive confirmatory test in someone that has not had any intake of alcoholic beverages, then it is typically due to alternative sources of alcohol, such as those noted by the other expert.

I habe an opem cast withe the manufacture. I will soon provide you with the manufacturer's name and the case number ***** said they only provide information that's in the pamphlet unless a doctor makes a request.

The case number ***** ***** necessary. I have searched the medical literature and there are no reports of a false positive from the Myrbetriq.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor