Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

I have a legitimate prescription for suboxone and my

Customer Question
I have a legitimate...

I have a legitimate prescription for suboxone and my employer Tested everybody and I had to go to clinic even though I said I had a prescription and have to have a MRO tell me I can go back to work. Have you heard of this

Doctor's Assistant: Is there an upcoming drug test scheduled? What kind of samples are being tested?

I took a urune at the plant and at the clinic this evening. It was random but I have a script but an off until they say it is verified I've just never heard of this

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Drug Testing
11/28/2017
Drug Testing Expert: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

Yes, I have heard of this. The MRO will assess the currently prescribed drug to be certain that it explains the positive drug test. In addition, when someone has a valid prescription for any controlled substances that explains the findings on the drug test, there are some employers that also want an independent assessment that the use of the controlled substance is not going to interfere with their job performance.

In your case, there is no reason for you to be concern. Whether the employer was using the MRO assessment for either purpose (or both), once the MRO tells you that you can go back to work, there will not be any ongoing issue for you.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Is there any further information that would be helpful?