Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

I used Nyquil before my urine drug test for employment.

I used Nyquil before...

I used Nyquil before my urine drug test for employment. Should I be concerned?

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Yes, It was a urine test.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I was taking amoxicillin too.

11/17/2017
tazechip
tazechip, Board Certified Physician

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

There's no need for concern here

It isn't likely that the Nyquil or the amoxicillin will produce a false positive and even if they did, all positive tests are sent for mass spectrometry/gas chromography analysis which will always detect false positives

So no need to be concerned here

Please let me know if you need any more information

tazechip
tazechip, Board Certified Physician
Thank you, I was concerned because I saw so many negative remarks regarding the use of Nyquil before a urine screen.

My pleasure but no worries here

Thank you for the reassurance.

Call on me anytime