Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

I used 2 capfuls of listerine at 930 pm and i took a

Customer Question
breathalyzer about 11 and it...
i used 2 capfuls of listerine at 930 pm and i took a breathalyzer about 11 and it said i was .20 and redid it twice and it was still at that level how is that possible?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Drug Testing
10/4/2017
Drug Testing Expert: GauravMD, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
GauravMD
GauravMD, Board Certified Physician

Welcome to just answer

Listerine mouthwash has 26% alcohol, which is more than what is contained in beer and wine. Sometimes after using the mouthwash, a breath analyser test can come positive. But since this alcohol is not ingested, it usually decreases fast as is excreted faster from the body system

There are two types of mouthwash. One with alcohol and one without. Studies have shown that there is no difference in effectivity of both. So, in future shifting to mouthwash without alcohol might be better.

Hope this information is helpful

Regards

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Cheers