Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

I have an upcoming urine drug test and I was wondering if my…

I have an upcoming...

I have an upcoming urine drug test and I was wondering if my medications I’m prescribed would cause me to fail and what I would need to do if they did. I’m currently on Topiramate 50mg twice a day, zofran 8mg, valcyclovir 500mg, dicyclomine 20mg, ranitidine 300mg, protonix 40mg

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I’m allergic to reglan and sulfa, and I’m on Topiramate 50mg twice daily, valcyclovir 500mg, zofran 8mg, ranitidine 300mg, protonix40mg, dicyclomine 20mg

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have gastroparesis

9/29/2017
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Let me look through the research

You are not on any medications that would cause a false positive. These medications include: Amitriptyline, Bupropion (generic Wellbutrin), Dextromethorphan, Diltiazem (Cardizem), Diphenhydramine (Benadryl), Ibuprofen and naproxen (Advil/Motrin and Aleve), Metformin (Glucophage), Fluoxetine (Prozac) and trazodone, Pseudoephedrine (Sudafed), Labetalol (Trandate), Methylphenidate (Ritalin), Doxylamine, Sertraline (Zoloft), Tramadol (Ultram), and Quetiapine (Seroquel).

I hope this helps!
Let me know if you have any additional questions.
We only get credit for positive feedback on customers we help.
Please take a moment to rate my services.
You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Dr. Scott, Doctor