Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

I had a preemployment drug screen at Quest. It was a 10/50…

I had a preemployment drug...
I had a preemployment drug screen at Quest. It was a 10/50 test with ETOH. Is the ETOH part of the test testing for alcohol? Is it a etg test or is it just a test to determine if I was "under the influence" at the time of the test?
9/2/2017
tazechip
tazechip, Board Certified Physician

Hi Keith I'm Dr Chip

That particular test is for alcohol specifically to see if you were "under the influence"

It wasn't an etg test to check for any drinking within the past 40 days

So unless you'd had an alcoholic beverage within a couple of hours before the test it would be negative for alcohol

Please let me know if you need any more information

The night before I went out and had 4 glasses of wine- not thinking I'd be tested for alcohol on my preemployment screen. I stopped drinking at around 10pm and I tested at 3 pm the following day- 17 hours later. I'm guessing, based on your reply, that my previous nights comsumption won't show up on this test.

No it won't show up Keith--that was more than enough time for all the alcohol to be out of your system

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

tazechip
tazechip, Board Certified Physician