Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

Drug Testing

I drank 3 bottles of wine ending on Saturday about 7pm. I…

Customer Question
I drank 3 bottles...

I drank 3 bottles of wine ending on Saturday about 7pm. I have to take an etg test tomorrow (Monday) evening giving me about 48 hours. I'm not sure the cut off level, but what are the chances of passing?

Doctor's Assistant: Is there an upcoming drug test scheduled? What kind of samples are being tested?

Yes, Urine

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Drug Testing
8/7/2017
Drug Testing Expert: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

How much would be the exact gap( in hours) between the time to you had drunk and the time of test?

Age ?

Are you on any medications?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

42 male, healthy. I take clonidine and atenolol for hbp. Also take Wellbutrin. The hbp is more hereditary I'm active and fit.
It will be 48 hours from the last drink.

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

Well, I understand that you have been planned for ETG test tomorrow and have taken 3 bottles of wine on Saturday.

Etg urine test looks for one of the by-products caused as breaks down of alcohol in the body. That substance is Ethyl Glucuronide. It’s commonly called EtG.

It can check alcohol ingestion as long as 3-4 days after intake, or to be exact about 80 hours after the liver metabolizes alcohol.

If possible, you can get tested after 80 hours from the last drink, than you would pass this test.

The EtG detects the presence of ethyl glucuronide in urine. Ethyl Glucuronide (EtG) is a direct metabolite in alcohol. Its presence in urine may be used to detect recent alcohol consumption.

As it would be only 48 hours, so Sorry to say that you may not pass this test at this time.

If possible, you can try postponing the test time.

If you get test done, after 80 hours from the last drink, than I am sure you would safely pass this test.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

If you are done,then please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor