Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

I recently tested positive for cocaine, but have not used…

Customer Question
Hi I recently tested positive...
Hi I recently tested positive for cocaine, but have not used it.. I take a medication call "Phentermine" I am aware that it comes up as ameterphine/meth and I have heard some ppl say that tested posititve for cocaine as well. I can not understand, how this stuff got into my system. Please help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Drug Testing
8/6/2017
Drug Testing Expert: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

If this was a screening test that was positive for cocaine, then it could be a false positive, because screening tests have a certain rate of false positives, even i people that are not taking any other medicines.

However, if this was a confirmatory test that was positive for cocaine, then it could not be a false positive because of phentermine or any other drug that you are taking. If this was a confirmatory test, then it may be that someone spiked something without your knowledge.

If this was a screening test, then you should request that a confirmatory test be done.