Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

Drug Testing

I took alcohol Thursday at work at 10am and had to drug test

Customer Question
hello my name is***** took...
hello my name is***** took alcohol Thursday at work at 10am and had to drug test at 6:15 because someone said I was acting different after so many hours what will you think my out come will be on coming out positive keep in mind I take trazadome Ambien lamictal ibuprofen and valium for sleep and bipolar dissed I'm worried about going out dirty with alcohol and maybe losing my job how safe do you think I am it had been 8 hours since I had a drink before I had to drug test by peing
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: it was a urinal test
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: yes I take trazadome Ambien valium lamictal ibuprofen and sequel
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Drug Testing
8/5/2017
Drug Testing Expert: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your situation. Actually it depends on the amount of alcohol that you consumed at 10 AM, the greater the amount of alcohol consumed the more would be the detection time. Usually alcohol is excreted from the body at a rate of 0.015 BAC (blood alcohol concentration) per hour, so the greater the alcohol level in the body at 10 am the longer it would take.

Now if you had one standard drink at 10 am, then it should be completely excreted within 6-8 hours after ingestion, so there is a good chance that your test will come back as negative however it cannot be confirmed as there is definitely variation in every individual. So again it depends on the alcohol that you consumed, your metabolism and the test which is being done, if it is a EtG test then the consumption would be detected quite easily and if it is a standard alcohol urine screen then there is a good chance that the alcohol would not be detected.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor