Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

I took a drug screen and they said it was too dilute? It was…

I took a drug...

I took a drug screen and they said it was too dilute? It was my urine and I took the test honestly.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Urine pre employment

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

I am not sure what your question is.

Why did they say its too dilute?

Is that the question?

I took it on a Friday and wasn't tested until Tuesday. Did a repeat on Thursday and still no results
Is the urine still good and why too diluted it's either pos or neg????

OK

So if you drink a lot of water before the test, there is something in the urine called specific gravity, along with other measurements, that show this fact. The sample is then determined to be to dilute.

They fail you on the test because the test is not valid with too dilute a sample.

That is why they said this.

If you did not drink a lot of water before the test on the second test,,,,, then it will not be rejected.

Many people try to "wash" a drug out of the system by drinking excessive amounts of fluid. The testing detects this, and disqualifies the sample.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

Why taking so long I'm afraid the urine has set too long for accuracy?

No that is not a problem.

Urine can sit for days, and if refrigerated for weeks, and can still be tested.

That is not going to be a problem.

please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified Physician

thanks.

You can fine me anytime for fast, accurate and comprehensive answers, and do so by requesting me.

I am a double board certified US doctor, trained in conventional medicine, multiple areas of medicine and complementary medicine.

Find me as needed by request, for safe, accurate, comprehensive answers. Us my request link and also give it to your friends, family and colleagues. I am here daily.

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drrussmd/?rpt=3800