DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified internal medicine doctor years of experience addiction and all other medical problems
24257177

What happens if they don't cut the hair sample at the root?

Customer Question

JA: Is there an upcoming drug test scheduled? What kind of samples are being tested?
Customer: Yes, hair from my head.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: This is just a drug screen test
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

Since hair grows, and since further away from the root represents more time based, not getting right next to the skull will not show the most recent exposure.

This variability though, is not extreme, perhaps several days to a week.

That variation is different individual to individual however.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.