DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified internal medicine doctor years of experience addiction and all other medical problems
24257177

I am about to go for a dot drug test and was wondering if

Customer Question

Hi I am about to go for a dot drug test and was wondering if gabapentin will be detected
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: Pre employment dot drug screen w/ts
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No...my doctor has been prescribing the gabapentin but just found out that it's on the list for banned dot meds...just worried that I'll fail the test
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 3 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 3 months ago.

OK.

The answer is that on standard 5 or 10 panel DOT tests it will not even be tested for, so it will not be detected.

Only a custom test looking for gabapentin would detect it.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.