Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

I will be taking a drug screen for new employment in a few…

Customer Question
I will be taking...

I will be taking a drug screen for new employment in a few days , I'm prescribed a benzo that I take on a regular daily basis. So I know I will test positive on the screen. My question is when the gs/mc is done is it only for the specific benzo or is it for the entire panel again, meaning could it test for another drug I didn't test positive for in the original screen ??

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

A urine specimen

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I take 450mg of Wellbutrin and 2mg of clonopin every day.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Drug Testing
7/17/2017
Drug Testing Expert: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

if you are positive for a substance like benzo, they would only do the MS/GC confirmation test for the benzo, not the whole screening test.

ok thank you , and lastly I know it's not specific but adderall 15-20mg occasionally (once a week) should be cleared from urine in ~4 days for the screen?

yes, it is out of your system in 3 days.

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com