Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Drank heavily saturday from 5p.m to 11p.m. Took an etg test

Customer Question

Drank heavily saturday from 5p.m to 11p.m. Took an etg test Wednesday at 9a.m. Will I pass?? I drank a pretty good bit of water and excersied. The test was sent to lab but I took an at home etg test and it came back negative still very nervous though
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 7 days ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
I understand your concern.
Alcohol is metabolized at the rate of approximately 1 drink per hour.

Ethyl Glucuronide test (ETG) is considered as a sensitive test which can detect alcohol intake even up to 80 hours. But this test is not very reliable for the advertised duration of 80 hours, and their are studies in which the test was negative for alcohol even after 26 hours of ingestion.
So most likely you'll pass this test as it was more than 72 hours from your last alcohol intake.

You should hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.
Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.