DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I'm having trouble with symptoms that relate to

Customer Question

Hi I'm having trouble with symptoms that relate to hypoglycaemia. From the results it looks like I'm non diabetic. I have been monitoring my blood sugar when these symptoms happen. The lowest it has been is 3 and 3.1. It was also 3.8 two hours after a meal. Would you say these results are anything to worry about? And should I see my doctor for further testing?Many Thanks
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

The blood glucose levels of 3 mmol is definitely on the lower side and specially if you have symptoms of hypoglycemia like palpitations,sweating or sinking heart etc this need further evaluation. You will be requiring to have further investigations to find out the cause of such low blood glucose. There are multiple causes like insulinoma,Addison disease and various other . So you should see the doctor for necessary further evaluation

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just a quick question in relation to this. I had an episode today, very dazed behind my eyes, felt week and faint. My blood sugar was fine at 5.5, my blood pressure was 116/92, pulse 95. Is there any chance you can have episodes without blood sugar being low?Many thanks

Thanks for asking

Its unlikely to have an episode of hypoglycemia at such levels specially if you are not a diabetic. Your previous levels were definitely low and you do need further evaluation.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

Possibility of a cardiac arrhythmia should also be ruled out

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards