Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

Drug Testing

I snorted about a half gram of cocaine for the first time in

Customer Question
a long time the last...
I snorted about a half gram of cocaine for the first time in a long time the last week of April. May 2, 7 days later I took a urine test and passed but now I have to take a hair folicle test the 12th of September. In that time I had 2 haircuts but will have 1 1/2 inches for the test coming up. Do you think it will be clean
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: Don't understand question, all I know is they do hair testing
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: That's it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Drug Testing
8/29/2016
Drug Testing Expert: Michael Salama,
 replied 1 year ago
Michael Salama

Hello this is Dr. Salama MD,

The general consensus is that cocaine can be detectable in the hair for up to 90 days.

For chronic users of cocaine, it can be detected in the hair shaft much longer.

Each inch of hair can detect that past 60 days.

So 1.5 inches in your case will pick up the past 90 days and you should be fine.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question.

Thank you!

Michael Salama
Michael Salama
Michael Salama