Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I had a ua done and it came put dirty for meth. i do not do

Customer Question

i had a ua done and it came put dirty for meth. i do not do meth . my girlfriend does meth, so is it posibul to get it from oral sex?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: im in a pain program and once a month i have a ua. this ua came out with traces of meth. im not a meth user my girlfriend however is battling with it so i was wonderig if it was possible to get trcaces of meth fromoral sex
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Drug Testing Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Oral sex would not cause a positive result on a urine drug test. There would not be any significant transfer of drug during the encounter of oral sex.

If the test was a screening test, then it may well be a false positive, as there are many instances of false positive for meth on a drug screening test. If there was a confirmatory test that was also positive for meth, it cannot be blamed on oral sex. However, it is possible that she could have accidentally placed the drug in food that you consumed that would be sufficient to cause a positive test.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

If I can assist you with any future questions, I can be reached through my profile at www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/