Drug Testing

Have drug testing questions? Get answers from Experts

Ask a Doctor,

How will 2mg of IV dilaudid show up in a urine drug screen?

Customer Question
How long will 2mg of...
How long will 2mg of IV dilaudid show up in a urine drug screen?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Drug Testing
2/20/2016
Drug Testing Expert: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hi and thanks for the query.

If this was a one time dose then this should be undetectable in the next 24 hours since the half life of Hydromorphone is 2 to 3 hours at max which means 2 mg should be out in 9 to 12 hours.

However, if you have been on it for a while then it takes 3 to 4 days.

Other factors such as being over weight and being on higher doses or on an extended release tablet also cause variations in results.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Best.

It was given to me at the ER around 2 pm and the next day at 10:30 am I produced a drug screen for my pain management dr. I weigh 212 lbs and am 5'3 with a BMI of 37.
Does this make a difference in how long it is in my system?

Hi and thanks for the reply.

With a single dose, there is almost negligible chance of this amount showing up in a test after almost a day.

Besides that, if it was given to you in the ER then it is legit and available in your medical records, although the possibility of this dose showing up in the urine test is scarce but even if it does, you can always tell your pain management doctor that you were given the medication on prescription in the ER.

Best wishes.