DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified internal medicine doctor years of experience addiction and all other medical problems
24257177

A POSITIVE ARM HAIR TEST FOR COAINE UP TO A YEAR? COCAINE, I

Customer Question

Customer: A POSITIVE ARM HAIR TEST FOR COAINE UP TO A YEAR? COCAINE
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I USED ONCE IN DEC 2014 AND HAD A POSITIVE TEST FOR COCAINE FROM AN ARM HAIR SAMPLE....
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Drug Testing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: YES
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

To answer your question.

NO, a proper drug test would not show cocaine up to a year from hair analysis.

There is something else going on....bad test, false positive not confirmed by GC/MS or contaminated sample.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.