Family Physician, Board Certified MRO
Experience:  Medical Review Officer - Physician Trained and certified in drug test interpretation
1304720

My name is ***** *****.. my brothers toxicology report came

Customer Question

Customer: hi - my name is ***** *****.. my brothers toxicology report came up positive for methadone and PCP. Does that mean he was on PCP? Sounds like a dumb questions but he was taking methadone for 10 years but I wasn't away he was using PCP.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am trying to understand the results of his toxicology report.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Drug Testing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Drug Testing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
urine test was positive for methadone and phencyclidine
postmotrum toxicology: 2600 ng/ml in blood
EDDP methadone Metabolite : 720ng/ml in blood
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, i though i would get an answer within a 1/2 hour and it's been almost 2 hours. Any idea when I'll hear back? I paid for the answer. thanks.
Expert:  Family Physician replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry for the delay - I was offline when your question came in.

These results (with the specific levels) would seem to support that these tests were done with GC/MS confirmation. This technology is VERY specific - not prone to false positives.

The simple answer - YES, this individual was using PCP and methadone within a few days of the testing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THank you. Are the levels very high? I guess my question is was he using methadone to get over his addiction or was he abusing it? thanks very much.

There is no medical use for PCP - this is only a drug of abuse.

The methadone level can not differentiate between prescribed therapeutic use and abuse unfortunately.