Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I take librax for IBS spasms..the last dose I took was at

Customer Question

I take librax for IBS spasms..the last dose I took was at Noon today...I just took 15 ml of Nyquil severe cold and flu...I am hoping that it was ok to do this....I did call poison control and theyy said it was fine, but not to take a librax within the
next hour....I do not plan to take librax until tomorrow...is it ok that I took this medication?
Category: Drug Testing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I looked on Drugs.com it said that it was a moderate interaction..
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it is OK to have taken these medicines together. The primary concern would be excessive sedation that may occur when these two medicines are combined, and this is particularly a concern if performing activities that require alertness, such as driving. But this concern also would be minimized by taking the medicines so that they are not peaking at the same time.