DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified internal medicine doctor years of experience addiction and all other medical problems
24257177

I took a drug test for probation and they are going to store

Customer Question

I took a drug test for probation and they are going to store it at room temp for 4-5 days before sending to lab.Will the sample still be good and correct readings?Also I have a prescription for a med that my pharmacist said would show up as amphetamine
and methamphetamine Can they tell it from street meth?
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

The sample will be fine.

Confirmatory testing will sort out exactly what drugs are in the sample.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well you are the first out of many that said sample will still be OK kept at room temp.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They also didn't ask me how much or how many times a day I was suppose to take meds.Also my pharmacist told me that my meds would show up as both amphetamines and methamphetamines.Can they tell it from a street drug
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

The sample will still testable.

I have confirmed this before with specialist.

It would probably be testable up to a week.

OK, so that is an initial answer….