wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Over two decades of practice
48069651

I am an RN in the monitoring program positive. I have been

Customer Question

Hi.I am an RN in the monitoring program for testing positive for THC. I have been in the program for 8 months and my urine test are all negative. 8 days ago I drank 4 beer and have drank a beer or 2 maybe once a week. Today I was given a Peth blood test.
Will I test positive.
Category: Drug Testing
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
Yes. There is a good chance that you will test positive on this very sensitive and accurate test for alcohol consumption, although it depends on what cut-off level your testing agency uses to establish non-compliance.
Here is a very good article that you might find interesting:
https://www.dnalegal.com/sites/default/files/uploads/files/PEth%20Testing%20-%20Brochure.pdf
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Sorry that they put you through all of this for a bit of THC.....