Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have a prescription for vyvanse if I take adderall will it

Customer Question

I have a prescription for vyvanse if I take adderall will it show the same on a 12 panel test /gc ms test as vyvanse ?
Category: Drug Testing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
adderall is dextroamphetamine/amphetamine which can show up as an amphetamine or urine tox screening test (just like vyvanse would), but on confirmatory MS/GC confirmatory testing, it will show up different than Vyvanse.
so on the 12 panel test it should be fine.
in the past, did your vyvanse show up positive for amphetamine in your urine 12 panel test?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Amphetamine positive with vyvanse and adderall but I only have a script for vyvanse so I'm not going to risk taking asderall
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
no, you are not going to risk taking adderall because that will also turn you positive for amphetamine in your urine.
but the MS/GC testing can tell the difference between vyvanse and adderall
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com